Monday, August 20, 2007

10 things to do before you leave Albania, part 3

We still haven't finished the list about 10 things to do before you leave Albania, and I've even discovered that some of the seven items we already have assembled has to be removed.

The one to get rid of first: Albania is extremely dry this summer, and the other day when I crossed the river Lana on one of the bridges, I not only noticed the intense smell from the river, but I saw a dead pig floating in it. And as I really don't want anybody to risk their lives because of this list, I think we better remove the rafting down the Lana in a cheap inflatable raft.

And the new ideas: Alwyn came up with a couple the other day. The one I liked the best was "eat a sheep's brain". As the regular readers of my blog knows, I once had the "pleasure" of eating a sheep's head in a restaurant in a village close to Tirana some months ago. And - unlike the norwegian version of this dish, the albanian didn't have the brain removed before serving, so it wouldn't be too hard to get the ingredients for this dish (but I did taste the brain, and I already know it's going to be hard to do this anyway. sheep's brains are horrible!)

Other ideas that Alwyn came up with, was "Drive the Rruga Elbasani in the dark". This one is going to be too hard for me, as I haven't got a driver's license. But I have already been a passenger on the distance, and it was much better driving there during dark than during day time: There was not a single car on the road, so we felt perfectly safe! (Only thing my driver complained about, was that there was something wrong about the car, so the lights turned itself off unless you held the switch up the whole time).

And Alwyn: didn't you come up with one more?

Anyway: seems I still need good ideas for he last couple of things to do..

2 comments:

olli said...

I think I did but I can't remember it anymore.

Anne Abelsæth said...

same here!

All because you didn't bring any of you raki!